If you missed any of the posts on Doing the Work, please visit my page, www.purpose8institute.com
For those who DID THE WORK, I am going to keep going.
So how do you feel?
I pray that you you feel refreshed and filled with a peace that defies understanding.
I pray that you feel a connection to God that you have never experienced before, a sense of His presence all about you.
I pray that His love has covered you and given you a desire to love, understand and forgive yourself and others.
I pray that your eyes now see beyond your past, that you can hear the Holy Spirit more clearly, that your spirit is lighter, that you have a desire to continually seek God and be in His presence.
Enjoy your new relationship with God. Enjoy the feeling of being in His presence. Savor every moment and hold on to Him and His Word.
What’s next? Just like any other relationship, you need to spend time with God. Here are my suggestions:
1. Everyday, in the morning, before you start your day, say good morning to God and thank Him for another day, then spend some time in His Word.
2. Go to church and fellowship with other believers.
3. Go online or to a bookstore and purchase yourself a Study Bible. Once you open it you will see the difference.
4. Go to weekly Bible Study (going to church once a week is not enough) and take notes.
5. Attend Bible classes to find out more about God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ, get a more thorough understanding of Christian principals, Biblical doctrine, Christian church history, etc. For those in the metro Detroit area, I recommend Ambassador Bible Training School taught at my church, Family Victory Fellowship Church in Southfield, MI, Pastors Larry and Sylvia Jordan.
6. Don’t just listen to the Word, read and study the Word for yourself.
7. Something bothering you, something you are not certain about, then read your Bible about the topic, go online, Google the topic and study that topic as your personal Bible study until you are comfortable to move onto a new topic.
8. Pray (talk to God and listen to the Holy Spirit).
9. Add a journal app to your smartphone and write down/record your notes, thoughts and revelations. I use SuperNotes.
10. Listen to Gospel music and create your own playlist. I use my playlist to praise, worship and to recenter myself.
11. Stay focused. Be consistent. Be faithful. Be righteous.
12. Give to others what God gave you – love and forgiveness.
Please read the Parable of the Sower in Matthew 13: 1-23 and Mark 4: 1-20.
He said TRUST HIM and I will.